Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dear Eyes

While I love you dearly, and have come to rely on you quite heavily. I would appreciate it if you would stop taking advantage of my love and abusing our relationship.
I know that I should probably pay more attention to you. But, I treat you pretty well. You get contacts and glasses. You get dressed up to go out. And, you always, always look pretty. I take you to wonderful places around the world and let you see the sights. I read books with you. We watch movies together.
While, you keep getting weaker and causing my vision to worsen. And, now this. First an infection, and now a corneal abrasion. Really? Was this entirely called for? What did I ever do to you to deserve two weeks (at least) of itching, burning, oozing, dizziness, nausea, and eye patches? Not to mention that you have been freaking other people out. It's hard to teach with students staring at you because you insist on looking like a freak.

Whatever I did I'm sorry. I hope we can resolve our issues soon as I am living in an incredibly beautiful place and would like to be able to share it with you. Or even just look at my computer screen without feel nauseous.

Dear eyes, please accept my apologies and get well soon.

Love,
Bridget